Okay, because I feel like writing, and I haven’t finished a book yet (I’m reading one now), I have decided to do my first ever book tag: The Ultimate Book Tag! I have seen this done on several book blogs and have decided to join them. So here goes!
The Ultimate Book Tag
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car? No, thank God. The only exception to that is when I’m not feeling well or am hungry.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why? Marissa Meyer, author of the Lunar Chronicles. She was one of the first authors I had read who wrote fairy tale retellings in a sci-fi setting.
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer. Being completely honest, I have never read either of them. I know, I know, cue the judgmental looks. I do plan on reading Harry Potter this year, though, if that redeems me at all.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it (besides books)? I used to carry a book bag, but I don’t anymore. I normally just carry around an individual book. Unless it’s the school year, then I am hauling a backpack around campus.
5. Do you smell books? YES!!! I am not the only bookworm who does this. There is just something about a book that smells so good. Almost like I am inhaling the words. I have seen candles in this scent, and I have been wanting to try them for myself.
6. Book with or without little illustrations? I could go either way; it depends on the book. Take Illuminae for example; I loved that book, and it was all illustrations.
7. What book did you love while reading but discover later it wasn’t quality writing? I can’t think of a book where this has happened. It might have happened, but I can’t remember if it has.
8. What is the thinnest book on your shelf? Okay, I’m just going to select from the stack of library books I have checked out. The thinnest one would be
It has 203 pages.
9. What is the thickest book on your shelf? Out of my library books, it’s
It has 539 pages.
10. When did you get into reading? I have loved reading ever since my dad taught me how.
11. What is your favorite classic book? Anne of Green Gables – I was always able to relate to her. We are both redheads who love school and reading.
12. In school, what was your best subject? I am currently in college, but in high school, my best subject was by far English/Literature (surprise, surprise).
13. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do? Umm, KEEP IT!!! I don’t want to be ungrateful.
14. What is your favorite word? Effervescent
15. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? All of the above? I would classify myself as a nerd and dork (a loveable one, though).
16. Vampires or fairies? Why? Fairies, hands down. I love their fierce sense of loyalty and love and their pointed ears. Not to mention they make good partners; Sarah J Maas has shown us this over and over.
17. Shapeshifters or angels? Why? Shapeshifters (in YA at least). I have loved shapeshifters ever since Mystique made her debut in X-men.
18. And finally: full on romance or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in? Action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in. I like romance to a degree; too much and I don’t enjoy it.
Well, I hoped you enjoyed reading this book tag. If you are interested in doing it for yourself, consider yourself tagged! Have a great weekend!